Thursday, April 8, 2010

Three Things I shot At Crane











I arrived at Crane Tues morning to wind and cold. Jim and I shot from my Excursion at our old standby field. High temp was about 44 degrees. Thats where I scored my first kill of the MIRROR ON THE DRIVERS SIDE. If you are swinging on a rat while shooting out your window, make sure your rifle barrel, as well as your scope are clear of the mirror. I have proof that although you have a clear picture thru the scope, you may shoot the corner of the mirror.




Wednesday morning was clam and clear. I scored my second kill on a Badger at about 50yds with my .22. He was peeking over the top of a mound with the top part of his head showing from about the top of the nose up. Put one thru his left eye. Later in the PM we got out the pivoting shooter rest on wheels and treked out into a pivot about 300 yds where most shooters don't get to and cleaned up on the hardly shot at rats. That's where I got the third kill of note. My friend Jim is holding the first kill of the baby rats. Yes, THE BABY RATS ARE UP, and that means shooting will be hot and heavy from here on out. On Wednesday, the wind was calm and temp was 55. Perfect weather. Good Shooting.




Don't forget to check out Great Basin Sporting Goode in Hines. Tell Ron you saw it on Sage Rat Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment