Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Rat Shoot of the Season


Shot 2/16 thru 2/19 South of Burns. Weather was pretty cooperative with mild wind and moderate temps. Foggy in the AM but cleared by noon. Rats were up, but, not by the hundreds. I shot my .17 HMR the first 3 days and the .22 on the last. We didn't put in any long days as the rats were down by 3PM all but one day when we shot till 4:30. I promised pictures but the batteries were dead in my camera, so I only got a shot of one field just this side of Burns, I think the weather gods are just screwing with us. Winter isn't over yet.

Sold two "Ratrousters" on wheels and one on the barstool base today. Might take some to the Redmond Gun Show next weekend. Starting to get a lot of calls, but I want to shoot rats, not spend all day in my shop building rests. We'll see. More later

1 comment:

  1. Dob, Bobby n I are going down to crane/burns march 15th thru the 24th give me a call 253-222-9883 doug

    ReplyDelete