Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rat Repoet


I haven't been out shooting for about a month now. Having to take care of "non fun" things, responsibilities. The first of this last week, I had to make a trip to Redding and all the way down 97, I didn't see one rat. Go figure. After I got back, I contacted a rancher near Fort Rock. Said the rats were out, but, they were all booked up with shooters clear thru next week( spring vacation ). Another rancher by Silver Lake said he had seen a few rats in the field on Thursday but figured it would be a week yet before any good shooting.

Spring vacation is always a busy week for sage rat shooting. We are waiting another week and then hitting it hard.

Ammo, or the lack of it, doesn't seem to be an issue, at least here locally, with plenty of .22 and .17 HMR around. Check with the local Bi-Mart.

I sold my Kawasaki 650 Brute Force so I won't have it to haul my fat ass around the fields. Guess I will just use the ole "Ratrouster". See ya in the pivots.

No comments:

Post a Comment