Friday, March 12, 2010

Rats Up In All Areas











From the info that I have been able to gather, rats are up in all the usual places. I have had lots of inquiries about farmers poisoning rats. The info is sketchy, but it is happening according to my sources. Just how good it is doing remains to be seen, and not all ranchers are poisoning though. Again, it is one of those things that takes some research by knocking on doors and asking. As the popularity of shooting sage rats increases we are faced with the inclusion of the " idiots" that have no common sense when shooting. If you find a rancher willing to let you onto his property, treat his place with respect. Refer to one of my earliest entries last Spring about the unwritten rules to follow.




Attended the Central Oregon Sports Show yesterday. I ran out of gas after a couple of hours due to me having a bad cold so I can't give a fair assessment, but it is worh going to. Not much free stuff, but if you want a free Les Schwab camo hat, get to the booth early. I didn't make the cut.




I'll be tied up this next week, but plan to back on the shooting line by the 22nd. Look for my rig, and hey if anyone needs a "Ratroster" pivoting shooting rest, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I bot me a new ratsmacker,,savage .17, put on new Redfield 4X12, fun machine to shoot, sent a few hundred rats to rat heaven first outing with it. looking forward to doing it again if this blasted Oregon weather will improve.

    Gerald

    ReplyDelete